Pablo Picassos birthplace in Malaga
Picassos birthplace can be seen at Plaza de la Merced, 15 in Malaga. Today, the place home has been restored and is open to visitors.
Pablo Ruiz Picasso was born 25. oktober 1881. and died 8. april 1973.
The museum is officially named El Museo Casa Natal de Pablo Ruiz Picasso
Fundación Picasso aims to promote the artist Pablo Picasso, and is merged with the Birthplace Museum.
Below is the original key and keyhole for the front door of the birthplace.
In one of the rooms you can see what a studio could have looked like
Things that have belonged to Picasso
Picasso’s shoes from childhood are preserved for the future!
One of Picasso’s underwears can also be seen in the Birthplace Museum. A letter “P” is embroidered in the undershirt
Here are Picasso’s exam papers from June 25, 1891
Examples of Picasso’s ceramics can be seen in Picassos Birthplace Museum
Picasso also made some great things in ceramics, which are on display at the museum
Picasso had an interest in bullfighting
This can be seen in several places at the museum where there are pictures of bullfights.
At the exit from Picassos birthplace, this plaque is seen
… which one may well say is designed in the spirit of Picasso
Other experiences in Malaga besides Picassos Birthplace
The Museum of Picasso’s Birthplace is not very large and you can quickly get an overview of the rooms. But the price for entering the museum in 2020 was also only 3 Euro 🙂
In Malaga there is also a larger museum for Picasso: Museo Picasso, where you can easily spend several hours.
See the website for Museo Picasso
As a result of the birth of Picasso in Malaga, a huge environment has been created in this city to open art museums.
E.g. there is both a Carmen Thyssen museum and a Center Pompidou.
Read more about Picasso
Go looking for books at Arnold Busck or Saxo (click icon to go to their store)
See other pages about Spain – in Danish 🙂
- Segovia 2017. Imponerende romersk akvædukt
- Camino’en og Santiago de Compostela 2017
- Bilbao 2017. Kulturbyen med humoristisk gadeteater og Guggenheim
- Hulemalerier i Altamira og Las Monedas 2017
- Gernika – Guernica 2017
- Trafiksikkerhed i Spanien
… and/or about Sri Lnka – in English
- Wilpattu National Park and Stray Dogs
- Anuradhapura – the world’s oldest tree and a very beautiful moonstone
- Visit village at Sigiriya
- Sigiriya (Lion Rock) and Golden Temple of Dambulla
- Small stalls with vegetables, coconuts, spice plantations
- Kandy. Botanical Garden, Jewellery shop, Wine Monopoly, Postal Services, Temple of the Tooth and Dance show with fire
- Visit a tea factory, the mountain village Nuwara Eliya, train ride from Nanu Oya to Ella and Hotel Heavens Edge
- Haputale, Liptons Seat, Local Village, Hindu temples, tuk-tuk driving and road safety
- From Ella to Yala, Rawana Waterfall, Buddha Statue Buduruwagala and the Holy Pilgrimage Place Kataragama
- Safari in Yala National Park
- Along the south coast to Galle, buffalo yoghurt and hotel in Hikkaduwa
- Tsunami, Cinnamon Production, Turtle Farm, Driving on Motorway and Home Journey