Trip to Sri Lanka – Circular tour
The trip to Sri Lanka took place over Easter 2017 (so it did not cost a lot of vacation days from work!).
We landed in Colombo and continued clockwise to Anardhapura, Sigiriya, Kandy, Ella, Yala, Galle and home again via the airport at Colombo.
We bought the English-language guide: “Sri Lanka Marco Polo Travel Handbook”.
The tour is described on the following websites:
- Wilpattu National Park and Stray Dogs
- Anuradhapura – the world’s oldest tree and a very beautiful moonstone
- Visit village at Sigiriya
- Sigiriya (Lion Rock) and Golden Temple of Dambulla
- Small stalls with vegetables, coconuts, spice plantations
- Kandy. Botanical Garden, Jewellery shop, Wine Monopoly, Postal Services, Temple of the Tooth and Dance show with fire
- Visit a tea factory, the mountain village Nuwara Eliya, train ride from Nanu Oya to Ella and Hotel Heavens Edge
- Haputale, Liptons Seat, Local Village, Hindu temples, tuk-tuk driving and road safety
- From Ella to Yala, Rawana Waterfall, Buddha Statue Buduruwagala and the Holy Pilgrimage Place Kataragama
- Safari in Yala National Park
- Along the south coast to Galle, buffalo yoghurt and hotel in Hikkaduwa
- Tsunami, Cinnamon Production, Turtle Farm, Driving on Motorway and Home Journey
You can look for books about Sri Lanka at Saxo, Arnold Busck and/or Bogreolen (click icon to proceed to their store):